Forget Trump’s rhetoric, look at his agenda

Watching social media implode over the past few days has been, as usual, infuriating. For any normal election, I would have said my own reaction is exaggerated and naive: the people who say that we need to get used to what happened, unite as a country and accept what happened are unintelligent. I’m under the impression that many do not understand the risk that an entirely Republican Congress and Executive Branch presents. Not only that, Trump’s looming appointments to the Supreme Court will create an entirely conservatively controlled Federal government, effectively leaving the Democratic Party in hibernation for, at the absolute least, the next two years.

What does this mean? It means one of the most powerful countries in the world is controlled by climate change deniers in a time where any preventative measures we take to restore the planet are only mitigating disaster. It means the federal government has free rein to defund Planned Parenthood and Obamacare, services that provide healthcare to millions who cannot access it any other way.

So, please, if you are one of those individuals who think that the worst thing about losing this election is not having ur fav girl up on the Hill, please screw yourself. Because you’re no better than the racism, sexism, classism and ignorance that continues to define this steadily deteriorating country.