Bear Cub Football Loses to SF City College

With one game remaining in regular conference play, the SRJC football team will enter its final contest with one goal in mind—winning.

The Bear Cubs (3-6) have lost two games in a row, most recently a 35-7 loss to the City College of San Francisco Rams.

The Rams are nine-time National Champions, including their last title in 2011, and are currently the number one ranked team in the NorCal Conference with a record of 9-0.

In the game on Saturday, the Bear Cubs fell behind 28-0 and would not be able to score until early in the fourth quarter. The Rams took control of the game once again to ultimately end the game at 35-7. This marks SRJC’s sixth loss in the past seven games.

The Bear Cubs hope to get rid of the bitter taste with a home triumph this Saturday against the San Mateo Bull Dogs.

To go along with their matching 1-3 record in conference, both teams have losses against Butte College, De Anza College and San Francisco. Similarly, they both pulled out a victory against Foothill College. With this in mind, it would be fair to expect nothing less than a close battle between the two teams.

“San Mateo is really good, so this is a rival game,” said head coach Keith Simons. “They’ll be ready to play when they show up.”

Although they have no chance of making the playoffs this season, the team would like to end their season on a positive note, especially for the sophomores who will not be returning next year.

The Bear Cubs’ last game will be at home against the San Mateo Bull Dogs at 1 p.m. Nov. 10.