Review: Mi Ranchito

Blair McTaggart
Mi Ranchito offers several flavorful varieties of entrees, including the tender and juicy tampiquena.

Mi Ranchito |  7600 Commerce Boulevard, Cotati | (707) 795-7600 | Most entrees under $15

4 of 5 Oak Leaves

Signature Dishes

Tampiquena, carnitas, cochinita pibil, mojarra frita, and burritos

Review

The food, service, and speed of my order from Mi Ranchito was excellent. Mi Ranchito’s menu is vast, offering a variety of food including vegan options, seafood and meat entrees. When you go to pick up your food, there are three or four employees there to handle customers outside of the restaurant in a covered canopy tent. They make sure to follow COVID guidelines and get your food to you within a very reasonable time.

Mi Ranchito has decent-sized portions and also offers the customer a side of tortillas with chips and salsa. The sides that come with your order are actually more sizable in proportion than your entree. Other than that, the tortillas and the chips and salsa are excellent; it offers that extra flavor that you look for in a meal.

The entrees I chose to highlight are their specials and higher ticket items. The specials range are mostly $20 and under. Mi Ranchito has signature dishes like the dish I ate, the tampiquena. The cochinita pibil, carnitas and mojarra frita are reportedly their tastiest and healthiest entree options, according to a waitress.

The tampiquena plate I had was phenomenal. The steak was tender and juicy with a great taste. The rice and beans were very flavorful and was definitely a nice touch to the steak. The entree also came with a bit of guacamole, lettuce and tomato. I also purchased their house salad that was also very tasty and heart-healthy. The house salad consisted of a savory salad dressing, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, corn, black beans, avocado and onions.

Mi Ranchito offers outdoor dining and takeout. I would recommend Mi Ranchito to anybody who enjoys authentic Mexican food at a good price.

The Breakdown

Category What were we looking for? Score out of 5
Packaging Neat? Sustainable? Did they remember cutlery? Napkins? Condiments? 4
Hygiene Was clerk wearing gloves? A mask? Both? Neither? What were the pick up and waiting areas like? Clean/neat? 5
Speed and accuracy Food was on counter ready for pickup 5
Portion size Was it filling or were you left wanting more? 3
Leftovers Were there leftovers and, if so, did they reheat well? 4
Quality of Food Freshness, quality of ingredients 5
Tastiness of Food Flavor, spice and texture 4
Customer Service Friendliness, responsiveness 5
Overall Rating With 5 being a perfect score, this restaurant rated: 4