Review: Jojo Sushi Bar & Restaurant

Alex Fuller
The rock n’ roll, tekka maki and the UFO roll range in price but not in taste.

Jojo Sushi Bar & Restaurant | 645 4th St, Santa Rosa | (707) 569-8588 | Most entrees under $20

5 of 5 Oak Leaves

Signature Dishes

Chicken Katsu, Ebi Tempura (prawns with assorted vegetables) and the U.F.O. Roll

Review

Jojo Sushi Bar & Restaurant features classic Japanese favorites, fresh fish and more. Whether you’re craving ramen, tempura, katsu or sushi, Jojo’s got it at a fair price.

The chicken katsu, a popular favorite, is perfectly crispy on the outside and not too dry on the inside. The large serving of chicken also comes with a generous portion of fluffy white rice, a house cucumber salad with mixed greens and a creamy vinaigrette, hot miso soup and a side of sweet and tangy katsu sauce. 

The U.F.O. roll, one of the more pricey chef’s special rolls, has cucumber and avocado enveloped in perfectly moist rice, wrapped with seaweed and topped with slices of fresh tuna, salmon and hamachi with a sprinkling of tobiko, flying fish roe, on top.

If you’re looking for a less expensive but equally delicious roll, try the rock n’ roll. Tender eel in a sweet sauce is paired with avocado and cucumber wrapped in seaweed and rice to create a delightfully creamy mouthfeel.

Jojo Sushi Bar & Restaurant is located on 4th St. in Santa Rosa and is now open for indoor and outdoor dining. You can also order online for in-person pickup.

The Breakdown

Category What were we looking for? Score out of 5
Packaging Neat? Sustainable? Did they remember cutlery? Napkins? Condiments? 5
Hygiene Was clerk wearing gloves? A mask? Both? Neither? What were the pick up and waiting areas like? Clean/neat? 4
Speed and accuracy Food was on counter ready for pickup 5
Portion size Was it filling or were you left wanting more? 5
Leftovers Were there leftovers and, if so, did they reheat well? 4
Quality of Food Freshness, quality of ingredients 5
Tastiness of Food Flavor, spice and texture 5
Customer Service Friendliness, responsiveness 5
Overall Rating With 5 being a perfect score, this restaurant rated: 5