Review: Paradise Sushi

Nick Vides
Paradise sushi’s samuri roll, golden California roll, yummy roll and calamari roll.

Paradise Sushi | 20 E Washington St., Petaluma | (707) 781-9695 | Most entrees under $15

4.5 of 5 Oak Leaves

Signature Dishes

Hibachi Steak, Yummy Roll, Petaluma Roll, Nigiri

Review

Paradise Sushi in Petaluma seemed quite prepared for take-out only food. The containers were filled to the brim with food as the portion sizing was quite large, meaning more bang for your buck! The bags were filled with chopsticks, napkins, forks, and spoons as well. It was a very smooth ordering process online to order, and the wait time to pick up the order was about 30 minutes.

The All you can eat meal deal is the best option if you want to try a variety of the sushi rolls they have to offer without breaking the bank. You get four rolls (approximately 40 pieces of sushi) alongside soup and salad for only $28.50. With over 30 rolls to choose from, it may be hard to select just four for the meal deal.

For this review, the selected rolls were: Yummy Roll, Golden California Roll, Carburetor Roll, Samurai Roll, Ceviche Roll, Calamari Roll, Tiger Roll, and the Crunchy Roll. The Chicken Teriyaki and Chicken Katsu dinner plates were also reviewed.

The Yummy Roll is a go-to roll for many as its spicy eel sauce topping is delectable and has just enough zing to want more. It is traditionally served in house slightly warm from the blowtorch and hot eel sauce, but due to it being take-out it was slightly cold. However it did not diminish the taste. The golden california roll was unfortunately a little bland, and it needed ginger
The calamari roll very flavorful, nice and cold, and had a good temperature.

The samurai roll was the only roll that was served with a small portion unfortunately, however it was very flavorful. The ceviche roll was outstanding! It was a zing of taste on the taste buds. It is a spicy, yet simple roll. The tiger, crunchy, and carburetor roll were unfortunately a bit bland or not memorable. However they were flavorful after adding ginger and eel sauce.

As for the Dinner plates, Paradise Sushi does not let you down. The large portion sizing fills you up and is very tasty. The chicken on our order was a little dry, though it was fixed with some soy sauce on top. The Teriyaki plate was hot and ready to eat.

Paradise sushi has a lot of options to chose from, and most rolls start at $10 and the all-you-can-eat meal deal is a big stress reliever on the wallet if you want to feed up to three people on four rolls of sushi.

The Breakdown

Category What were we looking for? Score out of 5
Packaging Neat? Sustainable? Did they remember cutlery? Napkins? Condiments? 4
Hygiene Was clerk wearing gloves? A mask? Both? Neither? What were the pick up and waiting areas like? Clean/neat? 5
Speed and accuracy Food was on counter ready for pickup 5
Portion size Was it filling or were you left wanting more? 5
Leftovers Were there leftovers and, if so, did they reheat well? 4
Quality of Food Freshness, quality of ingredients 4
Tastiness of Food Flavor, spice and texture 5
Customer Service Friendliness, responsiveness 5
Overall Rating With 5 being a perfect score, this restaurant rated: 4.5