What to know before heading out to BottleRock Napa Valley

Courtesy BottleRock Napa Valley
BottleRock runs from Friday, May 26 through Sunday, May 28 in Napa.

A star-studded line up is descending upon the North Bay as the 10th annual BottleRock Napa Valley runs from Friday, May 26 through Sunday, May 28. Smashing Pumpkins, Post Malone, Lizzo, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Lil Nas X headline the three concert days. As the festival’s countdown begins, here are some new rules and tips to enjoy your time BottleRocking in Napa Valley.

Cash? That’s a thing of the past. Bottlerock has eliminated the use of paper money while on-site. Only debit or credit cards will be accepted while you dance and sip on local wines. Festival goers can link their wristband to a Venmo, Paypal, credit or debit card on BottleRock’s website here.

Backpacks, everyone needs one for a festival to carry around merch and blankets. This year, backpacks that are clear plastic, vinyl, or pvc are allowed, but must be no larger than 12″x 6″x 12″. If you planned on using your old school backpack to carry your accessories, you need to change your plans. Small clutch purses and fanny packs are allowed on site, but they must have only one pocket. 

Worried about missing your favorite artist perform or anxious about navigating your way around the festival? Don’t be. The Bottlerock app will be your companion throughout the entire three-day event. Use the app to plan your schedule, navigate the festival crowds and find various restaurants and wineries. You can download the Bottlerock app on iPhone or Android.

Key items to bring to the festival are sunscreen, water, blankets and GoPros. While it is predicted to be a cloudy weekend, sunscreen is still a must if you don’t feel like soaking up too much of the sun while listening to Sheryl Crow on Sunday. Only non-aerosol sunscreen will be allowed inside the gates. 

Another key to enjoying any long festival is to stay hydrated. While the weather will be in the mid-70s all weekend, staying hydrated is important while sipping on Sonoma and Napa Valley wines throughout the day. Festival goers can bring in a reusable water bottle or CamelBak as well and refill at the many Kaiser Permanente hydration stations. Hydration packets like Liquid IV or DripDrop are also advised.