Bear Cubs outfielder and pitcher Alex Leopard strikes out the side to close out the 21-9 victory against College of Marin on Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2023 in Santa Rosa.
Bear Cubs Spotlight: Alex Leopard
Oliver Kindt, Sports Reporter • February 26, 2024
An additional four to six-week delay faces students who have already submitted their FAFSA for 2024-2025 academic year.
FAFSA Updates Result in More Delays
Amy Moore, Reporter • February 14, 2024

Covid protocol change: Asymptomatic unvaccinated students can return to campus without testing

SRJC+is+no+longer+requiring+unvaccinated+students%2C+faculty+and+staff+to+test+for+COVID-19+before+entering+campus+if+they+are+asymptomatic%2C+to+coincide+with+Sonoma+County+Department+of+Health+Services+guidelines.+
Cass Stewart
SRJC is no longer requiring unvaccinated students, faculty and staff to test for COVID-19 before entering campus if they are asymptomatic, to coincide with Sonoma County Department of Health Services guidelines.

Santa Rosa Junior College faculty, staff and students who are unvaccinated are no longer required to test for COVID-19 to enter campus if they are asymptomatic, according to SRJC President Dr. Frank Chong. 

“This change is being made to align with guidelines from the Sonoma County Department of Health Services, the California Department of Public Health and the CDC,” Chong said. 

The new COVID-19 testing protocol will become effective Oct. 17, but vaccination requirements still stand for those who are not exempt by law. 

Rebecca Norwick, director of student health services said “Throughout the pandemic we have relied primarily upon the recommendations of health officials and will continue to do so.”

SRJC students and employees who choose to test for COVID-19 can still do so through Student Health Services.