Applications open for Student Government Assembly

Courtesy BearFacts
Students interested in shaping the future of SRJC should consider running for office for the 2022-2023 academic year.

Students who want to run for 2022-2023 Santa Rosa Junior College Student Government Assembly can now submit applications after attending a virtual meeting to learn about the election rules and process.

Candidate information meetings “are students’ opportunity to learn about Student Government Assembly and the rules surrounding the student elections process,” said Zack Miranda, coordinator for student government programs. “The meetings are open to all students who want to learn about getting involved, and potential candidates must attend one meeting to qualify for the ballot.”

Students interested can reach out directly to Miranda to schedule a meeting on another day.

Miranda highly encouraged students to consider running for office.

“Not only are we talking about returning to campus and how that will affect students, but we are also developing a vision for what this next chapter for SRJC will be like,” Miranda said. “There has never been a better time to make an impact on the future of SRJC.”