Santa Rosa Junior College in-person services remain closed through Feb. 14

Santa+Rosa+Junior+College+in-person+services+will+remain+online+until+Feb.+14+at+least%2C+with+the+exception+of+the+SRJC+Bookstore+and+Student+Health+Services%2C+due+to+the+severity+of+Omicron+infections+in+Sonoma+County.+
Cass Stewart
Santa Rosa Junior College in-person services will remain online until Feb. 14 at least, with the exception of the SRJC Bookstore and Student Health Services, due to the severity of Omicron infections in Sonoma County.

Santa Rosa Junior College President Dr. Frank Chong postponed the reopening of in-person services until at least Feb. 14, except student study spaces, the SRJC bookstore and Student Health Services, due to the surge of Omicron infections in Sonoma County. 

In an email sent to students and faculty, Dr. Chong said he and his staff have been receiving updates and recommendations from Sonoma County health officials and their decision was in favor of student safety. 

In person services that will be closed include the SRJC libraries, tutorial centers and computer labs. Library curbside pick-up services are still available. Online services are still available, and students can also reach out to the Welcome & Connect Center for assistance accessing these services. 

Student study spaces are open at the Santa Rosa campus Doyle Library tutorial center Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and the Petaluma campus 600 Call Building Monday through Thursday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. 

The SRJC bookstore will continue to provide curbside pick-up services, and is open with limited capacity for students who have received a wristband from a Safety Monitor station.

Student Health Services will also remain open with COVID-19 testing, vaccinations and other services available. 

In his email, Dr. Chong said that on top of the vaccine mandate, SRJC encourages students and faculty to get COVID-19 booster shots and tests at student health services. To make an appointment, call 707-527-4445. Information on COVID-19 testing is available from the websites COVID-19 testing for employees, COVID-19 testing for students and SRJC COVID-19 website.

This article has been updated to reflect the opening of study spaces at both SRJC campuses.

Michael Combs
Michael Combs, Editor
Michael Combs (he/him) is in his fifth semester writing for The Oak Leaf, and his second as co-Editor-In-Chief. He began taking natural resources management classes at Santa Rosa Junior College to pursue his love of nature and the environment but has shifted toward journalism so he can share those passions with the world. Besides the environment, Michael also likes to write about politics, social justice and mental health. He has a bachelor’s of science in neuroscience and mammalian physiology from the University of California, San Diego, and hopes to get back to his roots with more science journalism as well. In his off time Michael likes to read, write and hike as often as possible in beautiful Sonoma County and beyond.
Cass Stewart
Cass Stewart, Editor
Cass Stewart (they/them) is a journalism major in their third semester at The Oak Leaf. With staff writing and editing experience, they are expanding their digital journalism skills this semester as Web Editor. Outside of campus event coverage, Cass enjoys exploring the fields of sociology, queer theory and political science in their writing. In their free time, they make their best attempt at artistic expression through painting and graphic design.

• N

NelsonWellerFeb 2, 2022 at 7:32 am

Why, in view of other education groups continuing to operate ie, state, high school , grade schools?