Shone Farm closed due to weather conditions, food distribution postponed

Cass Stewart
SRJC President Dr. Frank Chong and the SRJC Emergency Operations team announced the closure of Shone Farm through Monday due to increased flooding risk and concerns over road access.

Santa Rosa Junior College’s outdoor learning lab Shone Farm will remain closed through Monday Oct. 25 due to weather conditions and increased risk of flooding, according to an email SRJC President Dr. Frank Chong sent Sunday evening. 

All other campuses will remain open until further notice. SRJC Student Resource Center Assistant Claudia Fernandes Malschitzky Crespo announced via the SRJC app that the food distribution scheduled for Monday morning was postponed.

Students unable to attend class or access technology for online classes were advised to request an excused absence and contact their instructors at their SRJC email address, which can be found on the employee directory webpage.

The SRJC Emergency Operations team will continue to monitor weather conditions in light of widespread flooding and power outages in Sonoma and neighboring counties, according to the email.