Glass Fire Incident photo gallery

Nick Vides
Nick Vides, Photo-Editor
Nicholas “Nick” Vides (he/him) Is a seasoned breaking news reporter dedicated to making sure every shutter click of his camera captures a moment worth sharing. Nick's itch for chasing fires has kept him busy over the past seven years, covering every major fire event in Northern California from the Paradise Fire to the Caldor Fire. Nick currently splits his time as a photojournalist with The Oak Leaf and as a Contract Photographer with The Press Democrat. He has more than nine years of experience with photography, has been director of photography for multiple short films with the SRJC Media Arts Center, directed numerous student-led broadcasts with his Media 19 class, and interned for The Sarah and Vinnie Show on Alice 97.3. In the little free time left, he works for Highway 12 Winery in Sonoma, California as a Cellar Hand.  
Aryk Copley
Aryk Copley, Photographer
Aryk Copley (he/they) is an aspiring photojournalist in his second year with The Oak Leaf. After experiencing a brain injury and a subsequent 5-year recovery, Aryk has returned to school with a matured perspective of the world. As a means to cope with the aftereffects of his injury, he developed a passion for photography. Aryk works as a freelance wedding and portrait photographer in the Sonoma County area and maintains a propensity for full-contact weapons fighting, analog film photography, traveling, cinema and thrifting.
Michael Combs
Michael Combs, Editor
Michael Combs (he/him) is in his fifth semester writing for The Oak Leaf, and his second as co-Editor-In-Chief. He began taking natural resources management classes at Santa Rosa Junior College to pursue his love of nature and the environment but has shifted toward journalism so he can share those passions with the world. Besides the environment, Michael also likes to write about politics, social justice and mental health. He has a bachelor’s of science in neuroscience and mammalian physiology from the University of California, San Diego, and hopes to get back to his roots with more science journalism as well. In his off time Michael likes to read, write and hike as often as possible in beautiful Sonoma County and beyond.
Peyton Krzyzek
Peyton Krzyzek, Staff Writer
Peyton Krzyzek is a third-semester SRJC student and English major who is new to The Oak Leaf. She views writing as an outlet that allows her to creatively express new perspectives and helps spark innovative conversation, and she enjoys educating herself in current world and national affairs while advocating for social justice though society. Peyton loves drawing, dance, connecting with nature, and creating, listening and playing music. After the JC, Peyton plans to transfer to UC Berkeley to pursue a career as a full time journalist with a side hustle in the music or art industry.
Priscilla Navas
Priscilla Navas, Staff Writer
Priscilla Navas is a fourth-year SRJC student majoring in communications. She is in her first semester at The Oak Leaf and has a passion for politics. She plans to transfer to SSU in Spring 2021 and hopes to minor in political science.
Willow Ornellas
Willow Ornellas, Staff Writer
Willow Ornellas is in her second and final year at SRJC studying communications and will transfer to SSU in Fall 2021. She is a registered Domestic Violence advocate who is always doing what she can to help the people around her, and she is committed to remaining educated on social issues prevalent in her community. In her free time, Willow enjoys hanging out with her growing collection of houseplants and her husky, and going on drives with her boyfriend.
Emma Molloy
Emma Molloy, Assistant Editor
Emma Molloy is a second semester staff writer for The Oak Leaf and a communication and media studies major who is transferring to Sonoma State University in Fall 2021 with an AA in Communication Studies to specialize in journalism. She is interested in social issues, A&E and politics. She loves writing, going to music events and creating. She writes music, plays instruments, and lives in Penngrove with her family and her two huskies.
Jonathan Bigall
Jonathan Bigall, Social Media Manager
Jonathan Bigall is a journalism major in his second year as an SRJC student who is planning to transfer after the Spring 2021 semester. This is his third semester at The Oak Leaf. Jonathan plans to transfer to either Humboldt State or Long Beach state to get a bachelor's degree in journalism. He loves podcasts and podcasting and even has his own show, "The Chaos Addiction Podcast." Jonathan has fallen in love with the journalism field and wants to be a part of a major publication in his career.