Dance and meditate to benefit SRJC students in crisis

Courtesy of pickpik.com
Treat yourself to a relaxing mindfulness meditation session this weekend and support SRJC students in the process.

Students with free time this weekend can support SRJC students and other community college students during this pandemic by joining a meditation session or a dance party on Zoom.

The next meeting times, hosted by Felicia Darling, will happen this Saturday, May 2. You can choose between a relaxing mindfulness meditation from 9-10 a.m. or a spot in the upbeat R&B and funk dance party from 7-8:30 p.m.

A donation between $5-$10 is required to reserve a spot in either of the virtual meetings, but you can choose which of the three fundraisers receives your donation. 

The fundraiser options include SRJC Crisis Response Fund, Achieving the Dream and Relief and Recovery through California Community Colleges.

Once you’ve donated, email Darling with your name, the amount and charity you donated to, and the event you would like to attend. She will then reserve your spot and send you the Zoom meeting key. You are also able to request songs ahead of time for the dance party nights. 

If you can’t make it this weekend, the meetings are scheduled through the end of May with the themes changing slightly each week. You can find the schedule of events at https://feliciadarling.com/fundraisers/ and contact Felicia at [email protected].