Bear Cubs outfielder and pitcher Alex Leopard strikes out the side to close out the 21-9 victory against College of Marin on Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2023 in Santa Rosa.
Bear Cubs Spotlight: Alex Leopard
Oliver Kindt, Sports Reporter • February 26, 2024
An additional four to six-week delay faces students who have already submitted their FAFSA for 2024-2025 academic year.
FAFSA Updates Result in More Delays
Amy Moore, Reporter • February 14, 2024

Student groped in Shuhaw hall

An SRJC student reported that a man grabbed her buttocks in Shuhaw Hall  at 5:49 p.m. on Oct. 29.

The woman told police she was leaving the restroom when a man approached her and grabbed her. She screamed and the man immediately fled. She then contacted Santa Rosa Junior College District Police.

SRJC officers followed the suspect until Santa Rosa Police officers arrived and arrested David Cacique Morales, 20. Police transported and booked him into Sonoma County Jail.

In an email sent by SRJC District Police, Chief Robert Brownlee provided information for students to stay safe.

“If you have any concerns and must walk alone, call the District Police for a uniformed safety escort to your vehicle, class, office or other area of campus,” he said.

Some of the instructions included: staying in well-lit areas, walking with a friend and checking the back seat of your car.

This is the third sexual assault/battery on campus in 2018.

If you see any suspicious activity call District Police at (707)-527-1000