An additional four to six-week delay faces students who have already submitted their FAFSA for 2024-2025 academic year.
FAFSA Updates Result in More Delays
Amy Moore, Reporter • February 14, 2024
Garret Hill pitches against Solano college on Feb. 19 2015 at Sypher Field in Santa Rosa.
Checking in on former Bear Cubs in the MLB
Oliver Kindt, Sports Reporter • February 9, 2024

SoCo Clicks showcases award-winning SRJC student photos

Courtesy SoCo Clicks
Award-winning work by several Santa Rosa Junior College students will be on display at the third-annual SoCo Clicks Photography Exhibition.

The award-winning work of several Santa Rosa Junior College students will be on display at the third-annual SoCo Clicks Photography Exhibition, with a reception from 5-7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 15 at the Sonoma County Museum of Art.

The free event showcases photographs taken by Santa Rosa Junior College students and other photographers throughout Sonoma County.

Categories include The Still World, The Natural World, Alternative, Documentary and Portraiture. Each category awarded a first, second and third place winner.

SRJC students David Bradbrook, Samuel Guzman and Nicholas Vides each placed first in separate categories.

“It’s great that we have a gallery like this; it’s a great opportunity for students to get their work on display for the first time,” Guzman said.

“I am very honored to take first place in the documentary category of the competition,” Vides said. “I could not have won this without the training I received at The Oak Leaf and The Press Democrat.”

The show runs until Sept. 24, with the museum opening Wednesday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Food and beverages will be offered at the event.

For more information on the exhibit, visit www.sococlicks.org.

Oscar DeJung, Reporter
Oscar is in his first semester at the Oak Leaf, and will be transferring to Sonoma State in the Spring of 2024, majoring in Communications.