SRJC Latinx Faculty and Staff Association host reception with artist Simon Silva

The Santa Rosa Junior College Latinx Faculty & Staff Association is hosting award-winning artist Simon Silva for public meet and greet 430-6:00 p.m. on Sept. 22 at the Bertolini Student Activities Center.

Come for a meet and greet with renowned artist Simon Silva, hosted by the Santa Rosa Junior College Latinx Faculty and Staff Association, from 4:30-6:00 p.m. Sept. 22 at the Bertolini Student Activities Center. 

The reception is part of a 2-day-long workshop where Silva reveals the intricacies of art, and how certain skills one already has can be applied to the medium. “We were all born with genius level capacities to draw, think, learn and to question,” says Silva. 

This is also part of the Herencia Series, a month-long group of events dedicated to promoting and acknowledging indigenous and Latinx culture at the SRJC. 

The event is free, and open to the public. Refreshments will be provided, and Silva’s book and prints of his artwork will be available for purchase and subsequent signing. 

For more information regarding the meet and greet, workshop and the Herencia Series visit https://intercultural.santarosa.edu/herencia or contact Beatriz Camargo, LFSA President, at [email protected]

Full COVID-19 vaccination or proof of negative test within 72 hours is required to participate or attend the event.