Sonoma County local theater roundup: Feb. 25–March 19

Photo illustration by Jessica Johnson
From “She Kills Monsters” to “The Mystery of Love and Sex,” watching online performances from local theatre is a great way to support the arts virtually.

Tired of scrolling through the same dry movies and shows online? Sonoma County has offered a variety of new and original content to stream brought to you by local theaters companies.

“Crawfish: We, The Invisible” | 6th Street Playhouse |  Feb. 26–28

Gamal Abdul Chasten brings his solo play to 6th Street Playhouse. Written and performed by Chasten, “Crawfish: We, The Invisible” presents Crawfish, a homeless man, going from living in  a home in New Orleans to sleeping on the streets in the East Bay.

Live discussion will follow each performance.

This production is live streamed at 7 p.m. on Feb. 26 and Feb. 27, and 5 p.m. on Feb. 28. Tickets are $16–$60. For more information, check out.

“The Mystery of Love and Sex” | Left Edge Theater | Feb. 27–March 21

The ultimate “will they or won’t they” in a theatrical setting. College students Charlotte and Jonny, friends since the age of nine, attempt to navigate the complexities of love, sex, identity and their feelings for each other. But then her parents come for a visit. Being an adult is a lot harder than it looked growing up.

This production is streaming on demand. Tickets are $15$30.

“Pandemic Perspectives” | Cloverdale Performing Arts Center | March 5–14

“Pandemic Perspectives” is a compilation of short plays and films by local artists looking through the individual journeys we have taken over the past year: the worry, the struggles, the humor and the love.

This production is streaming on demand. Tickets are $15.

“She Kills Monsters” | Santa Rosa Junior College | March 5–6, March 12–19

It’s a “Dungeons & Dragons” play. Yes, you read that right. Agnes Evans thought she knew her sister Tilly, but after her death, Agnes packs up her room and realizes how little she knew. When she discovers the D&D scenario Tilly wrote, Agnes begins a journey she never imagined. Homicidal fairies, slacker monsters and more come together as fantasy and reality collide.

This production will stream at 7:30 p.m. March 5, 6, 12, 13, and 2 p.m. on March 14. Tickets are by donation.