Winter Spotlight Dance Gala this week

Don’t miss out on this showcase of student achivement.

This year’s Winter Spotlight Dance Gala is a celebration of students’ hard work, commitment and talents at Santa Rosa Junior College.
The show will consist of about 30 dancers spotlighting their advanced dance techniques.
The dance gala shows the community and the school what students learn in dance class and the dance department overall.
The intimate environment at the Black Box Theater will make you feel more involved throughout the show.
The night consists of a variety of dance styles, including jazz, contemporary, hip-hop, classical modern and ballet. Group and solo performances will be showcased as well.
“I am excited about performing my solo, but I will also be dancing a ballet piece and a modern piece,” said SRJC dance major Brandon Lombardo, 30. “My solo is about strength and how I evolved over time as a dancer. I knew I loved to move. Over time I have evolved into a strong dancer as well as choreographer.”
Lombardo is in his last semester at SRJC, and this will be his last performance before transferring to Santa Barbara City College in the spring 2018.
The show is about 90 minutes with a 15-minute intermission.
“If SRJC students are interested in dance and are looking for an evening of entertainment, come and enjoy the show,” said dance coordinator Cassandra Hillman.
“Be open minded to all the possibilities as a dancer or as an audience member. This dance show is a good way for students who are interested in dance can get an idea of what the SRJC dance department is all about,” Lombardo said.
The Winter Spotlight Dance Gala seats close to 100 with additional floor seating for kids.
Tickets are $5 with an SRJC student ID and $10 for the public. You can purchase tickets at the door or pre-order tickets by emailing [email protected]
Show dates and times: 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 14 and 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 15 at the Black Box Theatre in Tauzer Gym 951.