5 Must watch Valentines Films for you and your loved one

Valentine’s Day is nearing and romance is in the air. If you are staying in on Feb. 14th, here are five romance movies to watch while spooning with your sweetheart.

(500) Days of Summer

“(500) Days of Summer” is a quirky, relatable movie for anyone who has ever been in a relationship. It is told from the point of view of the protagonist, Tom, played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt. He meets a girl named Summer, played by Zooey Deschanel, and falls in love with her, but she does not believe that love exists. The eccentric romantic comedy focuses on their relationship in a untraditional form, and shows a realistic, current take on relationships. Though the film is centered on relationships, bear in mind that it is not a love story, as is warned in the beginning of the film.

Walk The Line

If you are a country fan or a fan of movies in general, then “Walk the Line” is a great film for you and your loved one. A biopic of legendary country singer Johnny Cash, portrayed by Joaquin Phoenix, and the struggles he endures while trying to woo the love of his life, fellow country singer June Carter, portrayed by Reese Witherspoon. The film outlines the struggles Johnny and June go through, especially with drug abuse, and how their love gets stronger with time. This film praises growth in a relationship with somebody you love no matter what troubles you may go through. Though the movie can fall under the category of a love film, any guy should have no problem sitting down and enjoying it, as Joaquin Phoenix drums up an amazing performance and Witherspoon is just as good. Plus, it has Johnny Cash music. What more could you ask for from a love story?

50 First Dates

Looking for a humorous movie? “50 First Dates” is a film that will have you laughing from beginning to end. It’s hard to find a more charming duo than characters Henry Roth and Lucy Whitmore, played by Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore in this romantic comedy, who team up again after the successful chemistry they shared in Sandler’s earlier film, “The Wedding Singer.” After they meet, Henry transitions from player to loving boyfriend. The conflict is that his perfect girlfriend has short-term memory loss, and relives the same day over and over, making it hard for Henry to keep the momentum going. This is a film that delivers bursts of laughter, but at the same time is a mushy romance feature with the “Notebook” seriousness that a lot of men didn’t enjoy. Both of you can enjoy this one.

Slumdog Millionaire

“Slumdog Millionaire” is a testimony of how far one man will go to be united with his love. This film, based on the book of the same name, portrays a penniless man, Jamal, played by Dev Patel, on the Indian version of “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?” His reason for being on the show is his hope that his love Latika, played by Freida Pinto, will find him after a series of events that keep them separated, including being detained by police before he can answer the last question that will make him a millionaire. It shows blend of love and fierceness. It holds up as a great movie and the love story is easy to swallow as its setting is really the star of the entire thing. Flashbacks are used to great effect to tell the story. The Bollywood style of the film is great for both lovers to enjoy.

Casablanca

You cannot beat the classics, and “Casablanca” is not only one of the best romance movies ever, it is one of the best movies of all time. It may be famous as a romance, but it is much more than that. It has aspects of a crime film with the intensity of a war flick, centered around one of best cases of chemistry between Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman. The supporting cast of characters is fleshed out very well for a movie that was made so long ago; in fact, the whole movie feels more modern than expected due to the use of lighting and camera angles. If you haven’t watched it, you may feel you already know everything there is to know about “Casablanca,” but it is more than its famous lines. It captures you and pulls you in fast. This classic is nothing short of tremendous enjoyment.