Tasty Food in Home Environment

Los Tres Chiles provides superior quality Mexican cuisine in a home-style environment. The restaurant is usually manned by one of the three owners who take your order and deliver your food, so that not only the great taste, but also the owner’s personal touch ensures the best product possible.

The staff is friendly and likeable. The owner who served me ended his sentences with “my friend,” making me feel at home and like one of the restaurant’s regulars. On weekend nights, Los Tres Chiles often has a live Spanish guitar player and singer.

I ordered the Arroz con Pollo. I usually order this menu item at other restaurants and this was the best I’ve ever had. It’s a lot like fajitas. Rice and grilled chicken cooked with mushrooms, green onions and cheese. Add in a side of beans and a few tortillas and it’s the perfect meal. The chicken was moist and the rice, drizzled with a tangy green salsa, was spicy. I practically inhaled it.

Although I’m not a huge fan of seafood, I tried a crab enchilada. I must say it was delicious. With a hearty portion of crab, it was well balanced by the other ingredients to keep from tasting too fishy. It definitely exceeded my expectations.

The prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food and service. For the hungry and brave they off er a challenge. For $20 Los Tres Chiles serves a massive burrito: over three pounds of meat, beans, rice and cheese. Eat it all by yourself in under an hour and the burrito is free. There’s also a cash prize.

Located at 2765 Yulupa Ave., Los Tres Chiles is nestled between Safeway and Starbucks in the Yulupa Shopping center. Los Tres Chiles has a large and devoted following developed by delicious food, great service and friendly, confident owners.