Oak Leaf Inaugural Poetry Contest

Hana Seals

Submissions are closed for the poetry contest. The winner will be announced soon.

The Oak Leaf News is holding its inaugural poetry contest (it’s been a while, at least). We know how much artistic talent there is in Sonoma County, and we would love to highlight some of that work. We plan on holding other artistic contests in the near future, so remember to keep an eye on our contests page and Instagram feed.

All Santa Rosa Junior College students and staff, and Sonoma County residents in general, are invited to submit original works of poetry. Submissions are currently open and the deadline for entry is April 15.

There are no format or topic guidelines, but only one entry will be accepted from each person and poems cannot exceed 30 lines. Please only submit poems that have not been previously published elsewhere.

The Oak Leaf staff will judge submissions and award prizes to the top contestant. The winning poet will have their piece published in the spring edition of the Oak Leaf Magazine.

There is no entry fee. Please submit poems either typed into the body of the email or attached in an easily accessible document format. Submissions can be sent to [email protected].

We’ve extended the deadline to April 15. The winner will be announced April 19.