SRJC Athletics: Upcoming (Fall Preview)

The fall season is here, and Santa Rosa Junior College Athletics are getting into full swing. Here’s what’s coming up for JC sports in the coming weeks.

Football

SRJC takes on Butte College 5 p.m. Saturday at the Santa Rosa High School field. The Bear Cubs are coming off a tough 33-21 loss against Fresno and are looking for a bounce-back victory this week.

Cross Country

The Bear Cub women and men both kick off their season with a meet at 2 p.m. Sept. 14 at Diablo Valley College. SRJC has only one home meet this season at 2 p.m. Oct. 12.

Soccer

The men play Canada College at 4 p.m. Sept. 7 at home. Next week, they travel to Las Positas College at 4 p.m. Sept. 11.

The women’s team play next at 11:30 a.m. Sept. 8 against Ventura College at Las Positas. The next home game is at noon on Sept. 14 against College of the Redwoods.

Volleyball

The Bear Cubs play at 2 p.m. Sept. 7 against Foothill College on the campus of Delta College in the Delta Classic Tournament. The next home match is at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 19. The Cubs are looking to build on an impressive 3-0 start to the season.

Water Polo

The SRJC men play next against Diablo Valley College at 5 p.m. Sept. 12 at SRJC. They are 1-1 so far this year.

The women open their season at 12:30 p.m. this Friday at Las Positas College. Their first home game is at 3:30 p.m. Sept. 12 against Diablo Valley.

Wrestling

The Bear Cubs have their first match of the season noon Friday at Chabot College. In 2017, they battled through the adversity of the fires to finish with a 6-3 dual meet record on the season.