SGA reminds students of “Indigenous Social Gathering” and Club Day events

SGA+said+the+campus+club+day+event%2C+called+%E2%80%9CGraduation%2C%E2%80%9D+will+have+supplies+for+students+who+are+graduating+this+semester+to+decorate+their+caps+with%2C+at+their+April+29+meeting.+
Courtesy SRJC
SGA said the campus club day event, called “Graduation,” will have supplies for students who are graduating this semester to decorate their caps with, at their April 29 meeting.

Santa Rosa Junior College’s Student Government Assembly members discussed the student elections voting process, the next club day and the bookstore’s Graduation Fair 10% discount at their April 29 meeting. 

Student government elections this week 

SGA reminded us that student government elections take place this week, April 29 to May 3. 

All SRJC students are eligible to vote for their preferred candidates via a pop-up on their student portal.

Zack Miranda, director of Student Life and Engagement said, “I think it shows a bounce back from a pandemic low of student engagement, and I see a real want and a real desire from students to get more involved again.” 

Information about the candidates and their platforms, along with a link to vote is available here.

Inter-Tribal Student Union’s “Indigenous Social Gathering” 

The California Native American Indian social gathering is taking place at the Santa Rosa campus Burbank outdoor stage area from 1 p.m.- 5 p.m. May 4 at the Santa Rosa  campus Burbank outdoor stage area.

“I think as a junior college we talk about our Native American community, but I think now it’s time to put our money where our mouth is and pass this motion,” said Anthony Spinozzi, vice president of finance. 

Club Day

Andrew Simmalaychanh, vice president of Clubs in Santa Rosa, reminded students that the next Club Day event, themed “Graduation,” will be11 a.m. to 2 p.m. this Wednesday. 

Supplies for graduation cap decorations will be provided for graduating students, along with food, games and activities for all students.