SGA reminds us student elections are next week, discusses next club day event and other upcoming events

Courtesy SRJC
The SRJC Student Government Assembly reminded students to vote for SGA elections, which will determine who will serve in next year’s positions, via a pop-up menu on the SRJC student portal from April 29 to May 3, at their April 22 meeting.

Santa Rosa Junior College’s Student Government Assembly members brought attention to student government elections week, and discussed upcoming campus events at their April 22 meeting.

Student government elections

SGA elections will be taking place next week, April 29 to May 3.

Students can vote for their preferred candidates via a pop-up on the SRJC student portal. All students are eligible to vote.

“There are currently 21 candidates [and] 11 positions, and in the last 14 years we have never had this many candidates for SGA,” said Zack Miranda, director of Student Life and Engagement.

Information about the candidates and their platforms is available here.

Important Information and dates coming up for Santa Rosa campus

The Graduation Fair will be taking place in the bookstore from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 30 to May 1.

The California Native American Indian social gathering is taking place at the SRJC campus Burbank outdoor stage area 1-5 p.m. May 4.

“Star Wars: Rogue One” will be showing for free at 6 p.m. May 4 at the Rohnert Park Community Center, and SGA plans to distribute snacks at the event.

The Student Leadership Appreciation event will take place at 5 p.m. May 17 in the student housing building for student workers.

An SGA advisor, Melissa Cowan, reminded students that the Finance Benefits Committee meets from 3:15 to 4 p.m. Wednesdays to finalize budgets for next semester, and student input is always appreciated.

Next club dates

SGA announced the next Club Day event, to be themed “Graduation,” will take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 1.

This club day there are plans to provide supplies for graduating students with graduation cap decorations, food, games and activities like ring toss and a bounce house.

“We have now reached 44 clubs total,” said Andrew Simmalaychanh, vice president of Clubs in Santa Rosa.