SRJC cancels remaining spring semester events, in-person classes

Photo courtesy of SRJC/Photo illustration by James Domizio
SRJC will remain online through May 23 and has canceled all events through the end of the semester, “and possibly beyond.” Alternative options are being considered for major events like graduation.

Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Santa Rosa Junior College will stay online through the end of the semester on May 23 and has canceled all events through that date, SRJC President Dr. Frank Chong announced Wednesday.

Alternative options are being considered for major events like graduation and Celebrate CE (Career Education), and all sporting and performance art events will no longer take place.

The announcement, made by SRJC leadership in collaboration with faculty, came hours before Gov. Gavin Newsom announced California schools would remain closed for the rest of the academic year, and comes 12 days after the school switched indefinitely to remote instruction.

The school is unsure whether classes will continue to be affected after spring semester.

Students with personal items still on campus should contact Student Life and Engagement’s Hilleary Zarate at [email protected].

For more information, SRJC Student Health Services has set up a coronavirus webpage at https://shs.santarosa.edu/corona-virus.