Bear Cubs outfielder and pitcher Alex Leopard strikes out the side to close out the 21-9 victory against College of Marin on Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2023 in Santa Rosa.
Bear Cubs Spotlight: Alex Leopard
Oliver Kindt, Sports Reporter • February 26, 2024
An additional four to six-week delay faces students who have already submitted their FAFSA for 2024-2025 academic year.
FAFSA Updates Result in More Delays
Amy Moore, Reporter • February 14, 2024

Police arrest alleged aggressive flirter

Provided by SRJC PD
Marcus Len Walton, 18

Following a two-day search, Santa Rosa Junior College District Police arrested Marcus Len Walton, 18, for suspicious activity and “aggressively flirting” with female students on campus, officials said.

According to a Sept. 14 press release, District Police officers questioned Walton Thursday in regards to alleged harassing behavior, and officers determined he was in violation of his current pretrial court terms in Sonoma County.

On Sept. 11. a faculty member reported a man “aggressively flirting” with female students and making them feel uncomfortable around Shuhaw Hall. SRJC District Police responded to the call, but could not find the suspect.

The next day, SRJC police responded to another call in Doyle Library, where someone reported witnessing a man trailing behind a female student and speaking to her in an inappropriate manner. Police searched for the suspect on scene, but he had left before their arrival.

District police were able to identify Walton on Sept. 13. through social media posts and detained him later that day.

They arrested Walton for section 1203.2 of the California Penal Code (Violation of Pretrial Release). Police booked him into the Sonoma County Jail. Walton is not allowed to return to campus for seven days.

Anyone who may have been  approached by Walton or anyone who has additional information can contact the SRJC District Police at (707) 527-1000.