The news site of Santa Rosa Junior College.

SRJC Announces Fire Relief Campaign Fund for Students, Faculty and Staff; Campuses to Remain Closed thru Tuesday

Homes in Fountaingrove destroyed by the North Bay Fires.

Michael Barnes

Michael Barnes

Michael Barnes, Assistant Features Editor

In the wake of the North Bay wildfires’ devastation, Santa Rosa Junior College announced the SRJC foundation will donate $100,000 in fire relief funds.

SRJC is also seeking additional community support. To make a donation, visit the following links:

https://santarosajc.ejoinme.org/firerelief

http://foundation.santarosa.edu/

Current estimates count more than 200 SRJC students, faculty and staff are without homes or have been displaced. The initial pledge of $100,000 will be distributed as early as next week with application details forthcoming.

SRJC officials have shut down all campuses since Oct. 9 and will keep them closed through Tuesday, Oct. 17, as the North Bay wildfires continue to threaten several communities across the Napa and Sonoma Counties.

Extensive information and resources for students, faculty and staff on the SRJC Fire Relief Fund, SRJC Fire Response Triage Center for Students, as well as resources for housing, dealing with loss and disasters are available at: https://www.santarosa.edu/

Students, staff and faculty members without internet access can call the following numbers for more information:

Students: Ph. 707-527-4424

Faculty and Staff: Ph. 707-524-1624

The Employee Assistance Program is available 24/7 at (800) 999-7222.