Five unique places to go this Valentine’s Day

Courtesy of Kathleen Sheffer
The historic house turned restaurant near downtown Santa Rosa, Ca’Bianca, is the perfect fit for a romantic evening out this Valentine’s Day.

Whether you’re partnered, flying solo or just looking to hangout with some friends, here are some ways to make this year’s Valentine’s Day a memorable one. 

Fogbelt Brewing

Head down to the tap room in Santa Rosa for some good brews and good vibes. From one of their limited releases like their Blackberry Cheesecake Sour to one of their signature flagship brews, there’s enough options for all. Whether your intent is to enjoy a date or a hang with friends, Fogbelt has it all.  

Ca’Bianca

If you’re looking for more of a romantic evening, Ca’Bianca is the place for you. From the ambiance to the food and wine, they’ve got you covered for your date night needs. Enjoy delicious traditional Italian cuisine and desserts with a paired wine if you so choose. This historic house near downtown Santa Rosa has everything you need for a beautiful evening out. 

Poppy Bank Epicenter 

If you’re looking for something a little more untraditional, Epicenter is the way to go. They have a huge assortment of activities that range from sports, games, dining and more. They have a full arcade, laser tag, XD Dark ride; the North Bay’s first 7D interactive Theater, an Omni virtual reality room for up to four participants and even a Valentine’s Day special this Tuesday at the Victory House. The special will include a five course meal and a free arcade voucher for 150 chips. The special can be used for a pair, or can even be used solo to treat yourself. 

Trecini Winery

This family run winery is a perfect place for a Valentine’s day hang. Head over to enjoy their tasting room, or just pick up a bottle at the shop for your night in. Their wide variety of wines will have a little something for everyone. Enjoy a more reserved red, a bright and crisp white or something sparkling if that’s what fits the mood. They have it all and offer tastings if you’re unsure of what you’d like for the night. 

Bird and The Bottle 

If you’re looking for a newer restaurant in town, the Bird and the Bottle might be the place for you. It’s a modern tavern with an open kitchen layout, two dining rooms with decks and a wide variety of flavors from Asia to the east coast, an assortment of fresh seafood and more. You can enjoy craft beers on tap, wine and a number of gorgeous cocktails. There’s more than enough small plates to share and a little something for everyone, great for groups, dates and solo adventurers.