PSL DIY

Dakota McGranahan
The Pumpkin Spice Latte, or PSL, from Starbucks will soon come to an end for the season. Once it does, just recreate it with your own Starbucks cup for the extra feel of a PSL.

Okay. It’s the hour before the pre-Halloween party, and the the cake has flopped, the pizza guy is taking years to deliver and the decorations suck. Now what?

Well look no further. To fix this party faux pas, simply recreate the drink of the season: the Pumpkin Spice Latte (known as a PSL to the frequent coffee drinkers).

What you’ll need:

1 cup milk

2 tablespoons pure pumpkin puree

1 tablespoon sugar

¼ teaspoon pumpkin spice

¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract

¼ cup hot coffee

sweetened whipped cream

What you’ll use:

Coffee Maker

Medium Bowl

Plastic Wrap

Cup/Mug

How you make it:

Combine the milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla in a medium microwave-safe bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and vent with a small hole.

Microwave until the milk is hot, about 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk vigorously until the milk mixture is foamy for about 30 seconds.

Pour the espresso or coffee into a large mug and add the foamed milk. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.

Each cup should take about 5-10 minutes to create, and thus makes it the go-to party saver.

Your guests will be drooling over the aesthetic look and pleasing taste of your homemade concoction. However, after you’ve teased their appetite you might want to track down the pizza guy, the latte will only temporarily save you.