Jack and Tony’s Restaurant and Whisky Bar

James Wyatt
Stop by for happy hour every day from -6 p.m.

Take a page from the Three Little Pigs and hideout from the wolves of the world. Find solace within the brick structure of Jack and Tony’s Restaurant and Whisky Bar during happy hour from 4-6 p.m. every day.

Located on fourth street in Santa Rosa’s historic Railroad Square, Jack and Tony’s offers both a dining room and a bar with more than 400 different whiskeys. Each bottle has its own story, and the bar’s owner, Jack Mitchell will tell you all about it.

Classic rock and friendly patrons give the bar a welcoming, comfortable vibe as the bartenders possess a deep knowledge about whiskey, evident in the bar menu’s flavor combinations.

To start off your bar experience, order a mildly spiced yet deliciously refreshing Kentucky Tea. A perfect balance of ginger, mint, lemon and bourbon will invigorate your taste buds. Fresh ginger gives the drink an energized amount of spice, complemented by the bright freshness of lemon. Maker’s Mark provides a smooth but robust, oaky finish with a slight stimulating bit of mint. It’s a perfect drink to cut into any stressful day. 

If you want a more spirit-forward drink, Jack and Tony’s makes a great Old Fashioned with their own single barrel Eagle Rare bourbon, with a classic flavor profile of vanilla and spiced and a smooth finish.

Once you’ve enjoyed a drink, the bar menu is relatively cheap during happy hour, offering a diverse, flavorful menu beyond just standard pub food. Oysters on the half shell and bacon-wrapped scallops are an easy road to flavor town. Yea, flavor town, it’s a real place.

The asparagus salad showcases the depth of flavors available at the bar, with its tasty balance of greens, cheese and vinaigrette. The blanched and chilled asparagus has just the right amount of bite. Nutty, salty Parmesan cheese balances out the greens, while the basil vinaigrette keeps the dish energized.

While there are wineries and tequila bars throughout the North Bay area, for those all about whiskey Jack and Tony’s is a great addition to the scene.