Police blotter

Student computer stolen from bookstore cubby

An SRJC student was the victim of grand theft when her computer was stolen from a cubby at the SRJC bookstore Sept. 10.

The victim visited the bookstore, leaving her computer in a cubby near the front of the store at 10:30 a.m. When she returned to the cubby 11:10 a.m., the computer was gone.

District Police reviewed the surveillance footage for the area, but it did not reveal any suspicious activity. The suspect is still at large.

The estimated loss was $1,020.

Outstanding warrant and driving without a license

District Police Officer Jeremy Jucutan was driving on Steele Lane when he ran the license plate of the car in front of him at 3:20 p.m. Sept. 13. The registration was expired despite the car’s current license plate tags, which indicated that the driver had taken them from another car.

Jucutan proceeded to stop the driver, identified as Erasmo Sevilla, 33. In addition to driving without a license, Sevilla also had an outstanding warrant from Menlo Park.

Sevilla was arrested on charges of driving without a license and having an outstanding warrant.

Felony warrant for grand theft

While driving down Mendocino Avenue, District Police Officer Joseph Richards stopped and detained a man he recognized as having an outstanding warrant at 4:52 p.m. Sept. 14.

Richards recognized the man as Darrin Dean Bezuhly, 53, a local transient with a warrant for his arrest from the Petaluma Police Department. After confirming the warrant for grand theft, Richards arrested Bezuhly.

Suspicious man on campus

District Police observed a suspicious man outside of the Santa Rosa Junior College Police Department at 3:07 p.m. Sept. 15.

Officers found the male suspect taking photos of the building and surrounding parking lot through the fence. As the officers weren’t sure what the man was taking pictures of, they considered it to be suspicious circumstance. Before officers were able to contact the man, he walked away and they chose not to pursue.

District Police is not concerned about the suspicious man becoming a future problem.