Police blotter

SRJC auto theft

An SRJC student reported around 9:30 p.m. Aug. 27 that his vehicle parked at the northeast corner of the Emeritus parking lot had been stolen. He had left his key in the ignition due to mechanical issues. A search around campus failed to locate the vehicle.

While patrolling the area between Mendocino Avenue and Steele Lane, District Police officers noticed a vehicle at the Chevron gas station that matched the description of the missing vehicle 10 a.m. Aug. 29. After confirming that it was the same vehicle and that it was still reported stolen, the officers called for backup and continued to keep surveillance.

The occupants, male and female, walked into a mini-mart. Officers lost sight of the male suspect, but apprehended and identified the female suspect as Jennifer Marie Zwicker. Zwicker, 30, was found to be in possession of a glass tubular pipe and small bag containing a white crystalline substance, which was tested at the scene and found to be methamphetamine. Further investigation identified the male suspect as Sonoma resident Blake Michael Lamudge, 22.

A District Police officer observed Lamudge charging a cell phone near the entrance to Big Lots on Mendocino Avenue 7:50 a.m. Aug. 31. Aware of the “stop and hold” alert in effect for Lamudge on behalf of the vehicle theft, the officer contacted and arrested him for vehicle theft, possession of stolen property and violation of probation.

He was booked at the Sonoma County Jail, along with Zwicker, who was charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and providing false identification to a peace officer.

Drug and bicycle theft arrest

SRJC District Police arrested a man for possession of a controlled substance during a routine traffic stop on Aug. 21.

An officer stopped Mark William Baker on Mendocino Avenue near Bear Cub Way around 9:31 p.m. During a probable cause search, the officer found Baker had a capped syringe containing a clear liquid and two small bags containing a substance later confirmed to be methamphetamine.

After placing Baker in custody, officers realized that he matched the suspect description of a bicycle theft from a private residence one block east of SRJC.

The victim of the incident had provided District Police with a copy of a private security video which revealed distinct markers of the suspect. Baker’s crisscross tattoos on his right forearm matched those belonging to the suspect. He also possessed articles of clothing matching those of the suspect in the video.

Baker was booked in the Sonoma County Jail for possession of a controlled substance and violation of probation. He is currently under investigation for the bike theft.

Kelsey Matzen, Staff Writer

• J

Justin JohnsonSep 10, 2014 at 3:15 pm

That’s crazy, this department needs to be reviewed and fixed. It’s un acceptable

• J

Joshua PinaulaSep 11, 2014 at 12:40 pm

Don’t forget Holtzworth!